I guess I should report on how well NaNoWriMo went. Short answer; not very.

In all I managed about 18-19K, well short of the target amount. I still blame Skyrim for that.

I did at least finish the first planned novelette, which came to around 10.5K in the end. The second novelette did get some rough ideas noted down, and the novella too up the rest (8K odd.) So progress, but not as much as I had hoped.

Interestingly that first novelette is now one of four that I’m sitting on that is finished but not yet released. The other three are part of a planned anthology that are waiting for two more planned stories to get finished so they can all be released at once – I may end up just going ahead with the first three by themselves at this rate.

Advertisements